WHERE TO USE
Grouting interior and exterior floor and wall tiling (single fired, double fired, klinker, porcelain tile, etc.), stone material (natural stones, marble, granite, agglomerates, etc.), glass and marble mosaics. Some application examples
– Grouting floor and wall ceramic tiles in interiors.
– Grouting swimming pools.
– Grouting particularly smooth and glossy floor surfaces (smooth and polished porcelain, pre-smoothened and polished marble, glazed tiles).
– Grouting ceramic tile industrial flooring where resistance to chemical agents is not required (garages, warehouses, etc.).
– Do not mix Keracolor FF with cement or any other products. Never add water to the mixture that is beginning to set.
– Never mix Keracolor FF with salty or dirty water. – Use the product in temperatures between +5-C and +35-C.
– The amount of mix water must be precisely measured. Excess water could induce the appearance of a whitish coat over the surface (efflorescence). Different colour tones could result if mixtures with different water ratios are prepared. Efflorescence over the surface is due to the formation of calcium carbonate and could also be caused by residual moisture contained in adhesives, not fully hydrated grouts, in substrates not adequately dried, or in substrates not adequately protected from rising damp.
– After filling the joints, do not sprinkle Keracolor FF powder onto the grout as this can cause uneven colour and reduce the mechanical strength.
– Expansion joints and movement joints in floors and walls should never be filled with Keracolor FF, but with the appropriate flexible MAPEI sealant.
– The surface of some ceramic tiles or stone materials are rough or contain micro-porosities. It is recommended to carry out a sample test to verify cleanability and when necessary, apply a protective treatment over the surface, but avoiding penetration into the joints. When grouting a swimming pool which is due to be disinfected through saline electrolysis please use Ultracolor Plus or Kerapoxy.
High performance cementitious grout, polymer modified, for joints up to 6 mm.
Easy to apply and finish, smooth and compact, interior and exterior, floor and wall grouting of all types of ceramic tiles (double-fired, single-fired, klinker, porcelain tiles, etc.), terracotta, stone material (natural stone, marble ,granite, agglomerates, etc.), glass and marble mosaics.
Keracolor FF mixed with Fugolastic improves its final characteristics, reaching suitable strength even under particularly difficult conditions such as grouting facades, swimming pools, bathrooms, floors with heavy traffic.
Pot life: approx. 2 hours.
Waiting time before finishing: 10-20 minutes.
Set to light foot traffic: 24 hours.
Ready for use: 7 days.
Application: MAPEI rubber trowel.
Finishing: Mapei sponge or Scotch-Brite- pad.
Storage: 12 months.
depends on the width of the joint, the size and thickness of the tiles.
25 kg bags