1-part high performance polyurethane sealant for building joints
Sikaflex Construction (AP) is a one part, moisture curing, elastic joint sealant based on polyurethane. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications, in some cases without the need for priming of the substrate.
Sikaflex Construction (AP) is used as an elastic general purpose sealant for sealing joints in building construction such as movement and construction/isolation joints around window and door frames, facades, claddings etc. in concrete, brick, wood, metal and PVC sections and structures etc.
– Expansion joints in buildings and civil structures above and below ground.
– External walling and cladding joints.
– Sealing around window and door frames.
– Construction joints.
– Infill panel joints.
– Joints in precast concrete elements.
– Sealing penetrations in walls or floors for ducts, piping etc.
– Retaining walls.
– Curtain walling.
– Sanitary installations.
Characteristics / Advantages
– Sikaflex Construction (AP) will bond well to well cleaned Sikaflex Construction (AP).
– Excellent adhesion on all cement based materials, brick ceramics, polyurethane, epoxy, most polyester, most metals and most timbers.
– Good weathering resistance.
– Short skinning time.
– Short cut off string, even after storage.
– Non-sag on vertical and soffit joints up to 30 mm width.
– Ready for immediate use – no mixing, saves time.
– Can be painted over with many water, solvent and rubber based paints (preliminary tests recommended).
– No potential mixing errors or wastage due to mixed quantities being greater than required.
– Resistant to bacterial attack